Visit https://wetra.ca/apply and complete the intake form.
- When therapy times open up, WETRA will call you to come in for an assessment to see if riding is a beneficial option and discuss other un-mounted program possibilities. Recommendations are made regarding which classes would be most suitable for you, based on your assessment outcomes, treatment goals and abilities.
- Please be aware that there are several contraindications and precautions to participating in a therapeutic riding program and that the programs offered at WETRA may not be suitable and/or beneficial to your specific situation.
- Once your assessment has been reviewed and you are deemed an appropriate candidate for one of WETRA’s programs, you will be contacted to finalize a session time.
- You will then be given a physician’s referral form to have your doctor sign and date.
- If you are not a suitable candidate, WETRA will inform you as to the reason why. Please be aware that completion of the assessment does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
- You will need to secure your time slot by completing a session registration form, signing a waiver and submitting the lesson fees every three months. There are no refunds given for cancellations made by the participant.
- Regular evaluations by the Instructor, Client Coordinator and/or the Program Director is a mandatory component of your ongoing participation in the WETRA program.
- As with all therapy programs, there is a specific process for re-evaluation of your progress, therapy goals, medical status and continued participation in the WETRA program. This is monitored by mandatory, annual referral forms from your doctor.
We look forward to helping you benefit from the special therapeutic programs WETRA has to offer.