Summer Break Camp
Our camps are devoted to assisting children of all abilities to care for and ride horses in a safe, fun and interactive environment. Our counselors ensure that each experience is unique and enjoyable! Camps are an opportunity for your child to make lasting friendships while supporting the special needs children in our community as funds from WETRA camps supports our ongoing equine therapy programs.
NOTE: If your child is unable to navigate the farm, washrooms and lunchtime independently we will not be able to safely accommodate them at camp this year.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, campers must meet all safety criteria and be approved by the Executive Director. Please call before registering if you are unsure of your child’s eligibility.
- Horseback riding
- Horse related activities with certified instructors
- Special Guests
Practical Horse Care
- Horse breeds & colours
- Basic needs
- Hoof care
- Feeding principles
- Safe, well trained horses & ponies
- Friendly, qualified staff
- Indoor/outdoor arenas
- Heated and air-conditioned classroom for indoor activities
Summer Camp Dates
- July 6 – 10
- July 13 – 17
- July 20 – 24
- July 27 – July 31
- Aug 3 – 7
- Aug 10 – 14
- Aug 17 – 21
- Aug 24 – 28
- CAMP HOURS: 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
- DROP OFF TIME: 8:45 a.m. until 9:00 a.m.
- PICK UP: 3:00 p.m.
- AGE GROUPS: 5-9 years & 10-14 years
- FEES: $325.00 per week includes taxes.
- LUNCH: Campers are required to bring their own lunches, snacks, and drinks. Fridges available on site.
- CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT: For safety, children must wear appropriate clothing while working around horses. This includes footwear (closed toes shoes) and long pants.
- DEPOSIT: Payment must be received in full when registering ($250.00 will be refunded if registration is cancelled).